Quality, environment, health and safety
Ecotec operates in compliance with the requirements of Environment, Health and Safety of workers and Quality by the standards UNI EN ISO 14001:2015, UNI ISO 45001:2018 and UNI EN ISO 9001:2015.
To this end, the Company's Management has adopted, implemented and constantly keeps updated an Integrated Management System compliant with the reference standards with the aim of successfully pursuing the objectives set, committing in particular to:
- identify and assess workers' safety risks so as to minimise them, through compliance with planned procedures, the implementation of appropriate improvement actions and periodical monitoring of hazards, even if only potential, thus avoiding accidents, injuries and occupational diseases;
- provide the human resources and materials necessary for the implementation of the IMS and the achievement of its objectives;
- apply the best occupational safety standards and update them over time;
- keep active and implement an effective Integrated Management System, compliant with the reference standards and aimed at continuous improvement;
- analyse the internal and external context in which the company operates in order to identify the needs and expectations of the parties interested in its activities;
- communicate and spread the Integrated Policy to all employees and stakeholders;
- train and involve workers as an active part of the Integrated Management System;
- comply with mandatory regulation;
- understand the needs and expectations of customers, even if only potential, as well as third parties, assessing their degree of satisfaction;
- achieve continuous improvement, using periodic audits to establish possible spaces and/or possible actions for improvement, correction and prevention;
- assign environmental protection a predominant role in the performance of its activities, using all appropriate measures to prevent pollution and promoting environmental improvement objectives with a view to sustainable development;
- inform customers and suppliers of its commitment to safeguarding the environment, health and safety, ensuring a relationship of active and constant cooperation with the supervisory authorities.
Through the creation of its own Research Centre almost twenty years ago, Ecotec has sought to expand the experience and knowledge already acquired in the field of environmental management, opening up to new directions concerning the analytical field, research, development of new technologies and the engineering of new processes, without losing sight of the proper management of its own plants.
The ambitious, but largely achieved, objectives have been and will continue to be pursued with the utmost commitment of all concerned, paying the same attention as in the past to quality, environment, safety at work and continuous improvement.
These principles have been, and will continue to be, the reference point for all employees, consultants and collaborators of Ecotec in the management of all the company's processes and activities.
Employees, as a whole and at all levels, are the foundation of the company and only their full involvement and convinced motivation allow to achieve important goals and to continuously improve the image of Ecotec.
Employees are therefore required to take an active approach to:
- solve any problems arising in the course of the activity entrusted to them;
- seek opportunities for improvement by increasing their skills, knowledge and experience;
- provide a good image of the company;
- derive satisfaction from their work and be proud and enthusiastic about what they achieve.
Ecotec has identified appropriate performance indicators and will make every effort to ensure that the above principles are understood by all staff and that the objectives identified are achieved within the deadlines set.
Confident of the cooperation and commitment of all, I wish you good work!
Dr. Aldo Imerito